YOU ARE AT:Archived ArticlesChina Unicom may favor domestic companies for CDMA upgrade contracts

China Unicom may favor domestic companies for CDMA upgrade contracts

BEIJING-Chinese companies may get a bigger slice of the contracts for the upgrade of China Unicom’s CDMA network when bidding starts later this year.

Foreign companies Motorola, Nortel, Ericsson and Lucent won 70 percent of equipment contracts for the US$2.9 billion first-phase construction of the network last year, leaving Chinese companies Zhongxing Telecom (ZTE), Datang, Huawei, Jinpeng and Dongfang with the remaining 30 percent.

But anonymous sources quoted by the China Daily newspaper said: “Domestic companies may get bigger shares this time, because they offer reliable quality and major price advantages.”

ABOUT AUTHOR

Editorial Reports

White Papers

Webinars

Featured Content