Culture, Diversity, and Workforce Development. They sound like corporate buzz-speak. And it’s true that some companies only pay them lip service. But for the workplaces that understand, embrace, and implement them, they form the foundation of a strong, stable, and successful company.
Jay Brown, CEO of Crown Castle, talks about how Crown’s focus on each of these have made it a coveted place to work and do business.
In this episode, Jay shares:
- The three pillars of Crown’s culture—be real, be accountable, and be an owner—that set employees up to thrive and improve;
- Why culture isn’t just a one-time implementation—it’s an on-going aspiration;
- What to consider when merging cultures during an acquisition;
- The way diversity of thought improves decision making;
- How removing implicit bias in hiring makes Crown more diverse;
- The challenges of fully sharing a culture with contract workers;
- And how focusing on general skills and abilities during hiring rather than specific, trainable, job tasks helps bridge the talent shortage.
Don’t miss out on learning how industry leaders are building their teams and their companies. Listen now and be sure to subscribe to future episodes.Check the latest Job Openings by Broadstaff