What does employee engagement really mean? Our guest this week, Rick Gallegos, CEO of Dale Carnegie Tampa Bay, describes it as “discretionary effort.” An engaged employee goes beyond the bare requirements of their job. Unfortunately for most companies, less than 1/3 of employees are engaged—that’s shockingly low!!!
- The 3 drivers of employee engagement (and the challenges leaders face implementing them);
- The 4 mistakes companies make when trying to boost engagement;
- The 1 simple thing leaders can start doing today;
- Behaviors leaders can look for to see if employees are disengaging;
- What employees can do if they feel disengagement creeping in;
- How large and small companies need to look at engagement differently;
- And the surprising age group that is typically the least engaged, and which can cost you the most.
Listen to previous 5G Talent Talk podcasts:
How to keep your climbers anchored to your company
Talent is Ageless: Solving the 5G Workforce Shortage
What business leaders need to know about 5G
How Artificial Intelligence will impact the human workforce
Spotlight on culture: Tilson is on a mission